Thursday, February 16, 2012

Editing Wikipedia

To be honest, if this is not part of the course, I wont be bothered to edit Wikipedia. But, after editing one of the pages, I felt a sense of satisfaction which is very surprising for me. It feels as if I've accomplish something great. Me, an ordinary person, responsible for the knowledge of the public. As we all probably know, knowledge is power. As Spiderman would say, with power, comes great responsibility. So, this is what it must feel like for millions of people who have edited Wikipedia. This kind of satisfaction has the potential to be addictive. No wonder some people can edit thousands of pages. I always thought that they have too much spare time.

Now, I can no longer look at Wikipedia the same again. I find myself always looking for errors to be corrected every time I go to Wikipedia. Till then, Happy Editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment